- Extinction Rebellion
- Major parties have failed on climate, it’s time to rebel.
- Elections In The Late Anthropocene
- It is the Greens that are defeating the Nats and it’s all about your preferences
- Australia’s powerhouse of democracy and innovation is in the Northern Rivers
- Is identity politics a problem for the left?
- The climate emergency and the awful state of Australian politics
- Liberty, freedom and civil rights? Do any of us understand these things anymore.
- Democracy and rights under threat in corporate police state
- The forest wars are back, time to mobilise
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
SCU’s School of Law and Justice are again offering a range of subjects at their Byron Bay summer school including Public Interest Advocacy, Human Rights and Advanced Advocacy.
Lecturer Aidan Ricketts, who is teaching the Public Interest Advocacy course said the Summer School allowed students to pick up some subjects during the break and it also allowed people who were not university students to participate.
“The subject is presented as a law subject but it goes well beyond that in that it is multi-disciplinary and covers areas such as strategy and planning a campaign, digital activism, the use of the media and how to avoid burnout,” Aidan said.
Each subject is an intensive one week face to face class, running from November 22 to December 22.
For more information go to www.scu.edu.au/schools/law/index.php/6/ or phone 6620 3109.