- The race to the bottom in australian politics
- Talking about lock-on devices – an article in ‘The Conversation’
- The Ponzi scheme is teetering
- Regenerative culture a key part of the blockade experience
- Staying sane in the late Anthropocene
- Extinction Rebellion
- Major parties have failed on climate, it’s time to rebel.
- Elections In The Late Anthropocene
- It is the Greens that are defeating the Nats and it’s all about your preferences
- Australia’s powerhouse of democracy and innovation is in the Northern Rivers
- Is identity politics a problem for the left?
- The climate emergency and the awful state of Australian politics
- Liberty, freedom and civil rights? Do any of us understand these things anymore.
- Democracy and rights under threat in corporate police state
- The forest wars are back, time to mobilise
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
From Green Left Weekly
Ricketts said there is a bigger aim for the campaign than just winning an end to CSG mining in NSW. “We are building a large mainstream social movement, activating huge numbers of people who have never been active before.
“When people respond to something that is happening in their own backyard they are taking a step, and it transforms them. They wake up from the sleep of parliamentary democracy and get involved in participatory democracy. What happens to all campaigners through the course of the campaign is they see the much deeper corruption of our political system and they get empowered to change it.
“The truth of modern politics is that it is people versus corporations, and the divide between the urban left and rural right is breaking down because they both recognise that.”
Tagged with: CSG-Free