- Extinction Rebellion
- Major parties have failed on climate, it’s time to rebel.
- Elections In The Late Anthropocene
- It is the Greens that are defeating the Nats and it’s all about your preferences
- Australia’s powerhouse of democracy and innovation is in the Northern Rivers
- Is identity politics a problem for the left?
- The climate emergency and the awful state of Australian politics
- Liberty, freedom and civil rights? Do any of us understand these things anymore.
- Democracy and rights under threat in corporate police state
- The forest wars are back, time to mobilise
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
CONFLICT is inevitable in the fight against coal seam gas, Southern Cross University academic Aidan Ricketts has told a protest meeting at Casino.
Mr Ricketts was among anti-coal seam gas activists to address the crowd of about 200 at the protest outside the office of Metgasco yesterday.
The peaceful action continued a protest which began on Friday against Metgasco performing seismic surveys of an area on the eastern edge of the town.
Mr Ricketts echoed the words he published in an online essay on Tuesday evening.
He said the Government and the mining companies had ignored the will of the people as expressed in the September 8, Lismore City poll which showed 87% of residents opposed the industry.
“When governments and corporations combine to steamroll communities in the face of such overwhelming opposition it is inevitable that serious conflict will result,” the essay read.