- Happy New Normal for the decade ahead
- Fires, liars and climate deniers
- The race to the bottom in australian politics
- Talking about lock-on devices – an article in ‘The Conversation’
- The Ponzi scheme is teetering
- Regenerative culture a key part of the blockade experience
- Staying sane in the late Anthropocene
- Extinction Rebellion
- Major parties have failed on climate, it’s time to rebel.
- Elections In The Late Anthropocene
- It is the Greens that are defeating the Nats and it’s all about your preferences
- Australia’s powerhouse of democracy and innovation is in the Northern Rivers
- Is identity politics a problem for the left?
- The climate emergency and the awful state of Australian politics
- Liberty, freedom and civil rights? Do any of us understand these things anymore.
- Democracy and rights under threat in corporate police state
- The forest wars are back, time to mobilise
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
Aidan Ricketts is an experienced social and environmental activist as well as a prominent activism educator and writer and provides a range of consultancy services for campaign groups including:
- Activists’ training,
- Campaign planning and strategy workshops
- Conflict mapping
- Campaign start-up workshops
- Community education
Aidan designs each training or workshop package specifically for the client organisation and their specific needs.
Aidan has considerable skill in educational design and in workshop facilitation and training. He has offered activism training packages ranging from community education through to developing accredited packages for delivery as university courses. Aidan specializes in producing tailor made packages for existing and emergent campaign groups.
Some of the groups that Aidan has provided workshops and training for in the last few years include:
- CSG-Free Northern Rivers (NSW)
- Save our Foreshores (Airlie Beach QLD)
- Huon Valley Environment Centre (Tasmania)
- Still Wild Still Threatened (Tasmania)
- Threatened Coastal Communities Alliance (Wooli NSW)
- Campaign to stop Chiko battery hen farm (Port Vila Vanuatu)
Any group wishing to make enquiries about activism workshops or training, including enquiries about rates, and Aidan’s availability should use the contact form available on this website.