- The race to the bottom in australian politics
- Talking about lock-on devices – an article in ‘The Conversation’
- The Ponzi scheme is teetering
- Regenerative culture a key part of the blockade experience
- Staying sane in the late Anthropocene
- Extinction Rebellion
- Major parties have failed on climate, it’s time to rebel.
- Elections In The Late Anthropocene
- It is the Greens that are defeating the Nats and it’s all about your preferences
- Australia’s powerhouse of democracy and innovation is in the Northern Rivers
- Is identity politics a problem for the left?
- The climate emergency and the awful state of Australian politics
- Liberty, freedom and civil rights? Do any of us understand these things anymore.
- Democracy and rights under threat in corporate police state
- The forest wars are back, time to mobilise
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
Public Interest Advocacy (PIA) (LAW 10160)
My university–accredited activist training course is on again this December, 2019. It’s based on my book The Activists Handbook. It runs as a 5 day workshop at the Gold Coast campus of SCU, adjacent to Coolangatta Airport.
If you are a uni student (any uni many degrees) you can do it on HECS-HELP and count it toward your degree as an elective. If you are doing it as a citizen and dont need to count it toward a degree there are also options available. Check out the summer school website if you are interested,
https://www.scu.edu.au/school-of-law-and-justice/courses/summer-law-school/ or on the site for the Subject itself ; https://www.scu.edu.au/study-at-scu/units/law10160/
Intensive dates: 3-7 December 2019
Time: 9am – 1pm
Location: Gold Coast campus
Unit Info: www.scu.edu.au/study-at-scu/units/law10160/
Explores the theory and practice of community activism and social change with an emphasis on the intersection of law with these areas of social engagement and provides students with a broad based introduction to the skills and techniques necessary to bring about useful social change in a highly corporatised and technocratic society.
Presenter: Aidan Ricketts