- Extinction Rebellion
- Major parties have failed on climate, it’s time to rebel.
- Elections In The Late Anthropocene
- It is the Greens that are defeating the Nats and it’s all about your preferences
- Australia’s powerhouse of democracy and innovation is in the Northern Rivers
- Is identity politics a problem for the left?
- The climate emergency and the awful state of Australian politics
- Liberty, freedom and civil rights? Do any of us understand these things anymore.
- Democracy and rights under threat in corporate police state
- The forest wars are back, time to mobilise
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
Calling all campaigners and activists!
The office of Greens MLC, David Shoebringe is running a training day for anyone who wants to become more involved in their community as a non-violent active campaigner.
It often comes down to people who are willing to put their bodies on the line for their cause to effect change. This is as true for past campaigns, such as women’s suffrage, as it is for present-day struggles such as coal-seam gas or amateur hunting on public land.
So how do you do that effectively? How do you do it safely? And what about the legals of active protest?
When: Thursday 11 April 2013 9am – 3:30pm
Where: NSW Parliament House Macquarie Street Sydney
Who: Campaigners from Lock the Gate, Rising Tide, Coalition Against Duck Shooting, anti pig-dogging groups
Cost: $12 to cover the cost of lunch