- Elections as far as the eye can see
- New Green shoots beginning to emerge
- Is Australia really this conservative?
- Individualism, is it just-a consolation prize?
- Three corrupt sectors that distort our economy
- Algorithms for Change – Politics in the Pub
- Now more than ever: non-violence and positive change
- Challenging times ahead, we need to build unity in diversity
- Hung parliament: An outbreak of democracy.
- The future of Capitalism, Democracy and Activism in Australia
- Political donations the essence of corruption
- For sale: your right to protest
- NSW addicted to old habits
- Senate voting reform causes a flurry
- Prohibition, it begins and ends with violating our rights
- Roadside drug tests a big fail
- Climate change, think globally respond regionally
- People power not pollies kept us gasfield free
- The perfect storm: Shenhua and the Liverpool Plains – Mick Daley
- Sovereignty at stake in TPP
- High Noon in the Nthn Rivers: Metgasco Vs Everybody Else
- Rapid Onset Fascism
- Metgasco vs the people
- When injustice becomes the law
- Activism and social movements, an eternal part of human evolution
- Gloucester Dreaming ~ guest post by Mick Daley
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
The “CSG-Free Community Strategy” being launched by CSG-Free Northern Rivers aims to go beyond the idea of locking individual gates and will take our resistance to a whole of community level. To this end local communities are being trained in non violent civil resistance to all CSG activity. A key part of this growing movement is the Northern Rivers Pledge (pdf), a declaration by individuals of their preparedness for action to defend their homes and their communities from CSG activities.
The CSG-Free Community Strategy will begin by encouraging local residents to form local committees to lock local roads to CSG activity, but as local networks link up whole valleys and communities will become CSG-Free areas.
The sign says it all: Lock the gate, Lock your roads, protect your communities!
Very soon the CSG-Free Northern Rivers website will be launched to provide resources and advice for all local communities wanting to take part in this strategy, including forms and processes for organising local groups, passing resolutions to close roads to CSG activity and public notices of community protection. The CSG-Free Northern Rivers website will be up and running soon, but you can go now and ask to be sent an email when it launches at http://csgfreenorthernrivers.org/
Key to the success of this strategy is teaching people about how to successfully engage in non violent community resistance. The Activists Handbook together with specific resources and training packages being developed by CSG-Free Northern Rivers will help to empower local communities to protect our beautiful region from being turned into an industrial gasfield.
Tagged with: CSG-Free