- Unpredictability, humility and an emerging anthropandemic
- The trilemma: climate change, economic collapse, and rising fascism
- Happy New Normal for the decade ahead
- Fires, liars and climate deniers
- The race to the bottom in australian politics
- Talking about lock-on devices – an article in ‘The Conversation’
- The Ponzi scheme is teetering
- Regenerative culture a key part of the blockade experience
- Staying sane in the late Anthropocene
- Extinction Rebellion
- Major parties have failed on climate, it’s time to rebel.
- Elections In The Late Anthropocene
- It is the Greens that are defeating the Nats and it’s all about your preferences
- Australia’s powerhouse of democracy and innovation is in the Northern Rivers
- Is identity politics a problem for the left?
- The climate emergency and the awful state of Australian politics
- Liberty, freedom and civil rights? Do any of us understand these things anymore.
- Democracy and rights under threat in corporate police state
- The forest wars are back, time to mobilise
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
The “CSG-Free Community Strategy” being launched by CSG-Free Northern Rivers aims to go beyond the idea of locking individual gates and will take our resistance to a whole of community level. To this end local communities are being trained in non violent civil resistance to all CSG activity. A key part of this growing movement is the Northern Rivers Pledge (pdf), a declaration by individuals of their preparedness for action to defend their homes and their communities from CSG activities.
The CSG-Free Community Strategy will begin by encouraging local residents to form local committees to lock local roads to CSG activity, but as local networks link up whole valleys and communities will become CSG-Free areas.
The sign says it all: Lock the gate, Lock your roads, protect your communities!
Very soon the CSG-Free Northern Rivers website will be launched to provide resources and advice for all local communities wanting to take part in this strategy, including forms and processes for organising local groups, passing resolutions to close roads to CSG activity and public notices of community protection. The CSG-Free Northern Rivers website will be up and running soon, but you can go now and ask to be sent an email when it launches at http://csgfreenorthernrivers.org/
Key to the success of this strategy is teaching people about how to successfully engage in non violent community resistance. The Activists Handbook together with specific resources and training packages being developed by CSG-Free Northern Rivers will help to empower local communities to protect our beautiful region from being turned into an industrial gasfield.
Tagged with: CSG-Free