- Is Australia really this conservative?
- Individualism, is it just-a consolation prize?
- Three corrupt sectors that distort our economy
- Algorithms for Change – Politics in the Pub
- Now more than ever: non-violence and positive change
- Challenging times ahead, we need to build unity in diversity
- Hung parliament: An outbreak of democracy.
- The future of Capitalism, Democracy and Activism in Australia
- Political donations the essence of corruption
- For sale: your right to protest
- NSW addicted to old habits
- Senate voting reform causes a flurry
- Prohibition, it begins and ends with violating our rights
- Roadside drug tests a big fail
- Climate change, think globally respond regionally
- People power not pollies kept us gasfield free
- The perfect storm: Shenhua and the Liverpool Plains – Mick Daley
- Sovereignty at stake in TPP
- High Noon in the Nthn Rivers: Metgasco Vs Everybody Else
- Rapid Onset Fascism
- Metgasco vs the people
- When injustice becomes the law
- Activism and social movements, an eternal part of human evolution
- Gloucester Dreaming ~ guest post by Mick Daley
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
The workshop roll out continues for Kyogle and Casino based CSG free groups. On March 11, I will be providing training in establishing new groups, campaign planning and non-violent direct action. This training is being organised by the Group against Gas Kyogle http://www.facebook.com/groups/195834647104687/
Richard Deem 02 66366252
The workshop was a great success! Protests on March 14th, 2012 outside the Metgasco offices in Casino, NSW gained local media attention.
CSG protesters demand answers (Northern Star)
Seniors say no to CSG (Northern Rivers Echo)
Read the media release below for details of the worlshop:
Coal seam gas mining companies will be testing our resolve to exclude their activities from the Northern Rivers, especially if the NSW government fails to offer special protection to the area. Accordingly, the Kyogle and Richmond Valley Groups Against Gas are holding a non-violent direct action training day on Sunday 11th March at the rear lower level of the Kyogle Memorial Hall from 9am to 4pm.
The aim of this training is to provide people who are opposed to the plans that insistent coal seam miners have for our area, with an understanding of the techniques of non-violent direct action.
Our presenters will be:
- Simon Clough Our Sustainable Future Party Councillor Lismore City Council
- Aidan Ricketts Author, social change trainer; activist and lecturer at the School of Law and Justice at Southern Cross University
- Sue Higginson Senior solicitor, Environmental Defender’s Office (NSW) Northern Rivers
To date blockades of Arrow and Metgasco activity have been successful but more will come and our intention is to show a capacity to respond effectively and in numbers when needed.
Blockades are typically family friendly activities and training will stress techniques to de-emphasise any deviations from this model.
An individual’s involvement at any blockades etc is entirely under their own control and we have seen for example, at the recent Kerry blockade that compliance with Police directives can nevertheless result in very successful outcomes.
Members of the public are welcome to attend.
For further information please contact:
Richard Deem 02 66366252
Dean Draper 02 66671262
Tagged with: CSG-Free