- Is identity politics a problem for the left?
- The climate emergency and the awful state of Australian politics
- Liberty, freedom and civil rights? Do any of us understand these things anymore.
- Democracy and rights under threat in corporate police state
- Put the Nats last or lose your rights to protest
- The forest wars are back, time to mobilise
- Elections as far as the eye can see
- New Green shoots beginning to emerge
- Is Australia really this conservative?
- Individualism, is it just-a consolation prize?
- Three corrupt sectors that distort our economy
- Algorithms for Change – Politics in the Pub
- Now more than ever: non-violence and positive change
- Challenging times ahead, we need to build unity in diversity
- Hung parliament: An outbreak of democracy.
- The future of Capitalism, Democracy and Activism in Australia
- Political donations the essence of corruption
- For sale: your right to protest
- NSW addicted to old habits
- Senate voting reform causes a flurry
- Prohibition, it begins and ends with violating our rights
- Roadside drug tests a big fail
- Climate change, think globally respond regionally
- People power not pollies kept us gasfield free
- The perfect storm: Shenhua and the Liverpool Plains – Mick Daley
- Sovereignty at stake in TPP
- High Noon in the Nthn Rivers: Metgasco Vs Everybody Else
- Rapid Onset Fascism
- Metgasco vs the people
- When injustice becomes the law
- Activism and social movements, an eternal part of human evolution
- Gloucester Dreaming ~ guest post by Mick Daley
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
Aidan Ricketts is an experienced social and environmental activist as well as a prominent activism educator and writer and provides a range of consultancy services for campaign groups including:
- Activists’ training,
- Campaign planning and strategy workshops
- Conflict mapping
- Campaign start-up workshops
- Community education
Aidan designs each training or workshop package specifically for the client organisation and their specific needs.
Aidan has considerable skill in educational design and in workshop facilitation and training. He has offered activism training packages ranging from community education through to developing accredited packages for delivery as university courses. Aidan specializes in producing tailor made packages for existing and emergent campaign groups.
Some of the groups that Aidan has provided workshops and training for in the last few years include:
- CSG-Free Northern Rivers (NSW)
- Save our Foreshores (Airlie Beach QLD)
- Huon Valley Environment Centre (Tasmania)
- Still Wild Still Threatened (Tasmania)
- Threatened Coastal Communities Alliance (Wooli NSW)
- Campaign to stop Chiko battery hen farm (Port Vila Vanuatu)
Any group wishing to make enquiries about activism workshops or training, including enquiries about rates, and Aidan’s availability should use the contact form available on this website.