- Talking about lock-on devices – an article in ‘The Conversation’
- The Ponzi scheme is teetering
- Regenerative culture a key part of the blockade experience
- Staying sane in the late Anthropocene
- Extinction Rebellion
- Major parties have failed on climate, it’s time to rebel.
- Elections In The Late Anthropocene
- It is the Greens that are defeating the Nats and it’s all about your preferences
- Australia’s powerhouse of democracy and innovation is in the Northern Rivers
- Is identity politics a problem for the left?
- The climate emergency and the awful state of Australian politics
- Liberty, freedom and civil rights? Do any of us understand these things anymore.
- Democracy and rights under threat in corporate police state
- The forest wars are back, time to mobilise
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
We are not a science based society. We are a religion based society and the religion is free market economics. The believers are irrational fundamentalists who treat scientists as heretics when they reveal the limits of the earth’s capacity to sustain industrial capitalist growth based on fossil fuel.
Our economic system is not rational, it is based on artificial premises that are articles of faith for the believers.
The economic system is dysfunctional ecologically.
Dysfunctional systems trend toward extinction.
It can be turned around, but not whilst we cling to legal, financial and economic systems that contradict the basic ecological governance principles of our planet and the physical universe.
The case for renewable energy vs fossil fuels is a Copernican moment for our society. It is an argument of rational realism vs fundamentalist capitalist fantasy