- Talking about lock-on devices – an article in ‘The Conversation’
- The Ponzi scheme is teetering
- Regenerative culture a key part of the blockade experience
- Staying sane in the late Anthropocene
- Extinction Rebellion
- Major parties have failed on climate, it’s time to rebel.
- Elections In The Late Anthropocene
- It is the Greens that are defeating the Nats and it’s all about your preferences
- Australia’s powerhouse of democracy and innovation is in the Northern Rivers
- Is identity politics a problem for the left?
- The climate emergency and the awful state of Australian politics
- Liberty, freedom and civil rights? Do any of us understand these things anymore.
- Democracy and rights under threat in corporate police state
- The forest wars are back, time to mobilise
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
Here is a great opportunity to undertake some practical activism training and count it towards a University degree!
The course is called “Public Interest Advocacy”. It is run through Southern Cross University as part of the Byron Bay Summer Law School program. The course is fully HECS eligible for those already doing a degree or you can study it as a stand alone unit if you are not enrolled at a university.
The course runs as a one week face to face intensive with Aidan Rickets this December (8-14) in Byron Bay NSW Australia.
There is a scholarship on offer for one person to study it free of charge.
For more information on how to enrol, and how to apply for the scholarship contact:
Margaret Morrow at the School of Law and Justice
Southern Cross University, (+61) 02 66203115
or go to http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/law/index.php/60
Ahri Tallon, 21, founder of the Northern Rivers Youth Environmental Society and co-coordinator of the Australian Youth Climate Coalition in NSW says:
This course is amazing! As a young person who left University to pursue activism this was a perfect program that combined the academic rigour of University with the practical and relevant knowledge and skills needed to be an effective activist. I am now employed in the campaign to stop coal export expansion in Nth Qld and am so grateful to have had such a great opportunity to prepare me. The deep and well explained content, the balance of learning styles that are catered for and the idyllic setting make this program an essential for any up and coming radical.