- Extinction Rebellion
- Major parties have failed on climate, it’s time to rebel.
- Elections In The Late Anthropocene
- It is the Greens that are defeating the Nats and it’s all about your preferences
- Australia’s powerhouse of democracy and innovation is in the Northern Rivers
- Is identity politics a problem for the left?
- The climate emergency and the awful state of Australian politics
- Liberty, freedom and civil rights? Do any of us understand these things anymore.
- Democracy and rights under threat in corporate police state
- The forest wars are back, time to mobilise
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
The training day at Keerong Hall was a huge success. As has become familiar we had a very representative sample of the local community: contractors, farmers, small business owners, and many fired up people self-describing as former conservatives. Lismore councilor Simon Clough, myself (Aidan Ricketts) and Environmental Defender’s office lawyer Sue Higginson provided a comprehensive full days training, including segments dealing with the life cycle of social movements, campaign planning and non-violent direct action. Our efforts were fuelled by an absolute banquet of food, cake and drinks from the Keerong community. The Keerong day road tested our successful formula for community education and empowerment and it will now be rolled out around the region in coming months. http://www.keerronggassquad.org/
The great value of setting up a decentralized network as part of a burgeoning social movement like CSG-Free is that all groups can have local autonomy in defending their area whilst being part of larger strategic political and logistical support alliance.
Tagged with: CSG-Free