- Three corrupt sectors that distort our economy
- Algorithms for Change – Politics in the Pub
- Now more than ever: non-violence and positive change
- Challenging times ahead, we need to build unity in diversity
- Hung parliament: An outbreak of democracy.
- The future of Capitalism, Democracy and Activism in Australia
- Political donations the essence of corruption
- For sale: your right to protest
- NSW addicted to old habits
- Senate voting reform causes a flurry
- Prohibition, it begins and ends with violating our rights
- Roadside drug tests a big fail
- Climate change, think globally respond regionally
- People power not pollies kept us gasfield free
- The perfect storm: Shenhua and the Liverpool Plains – Mick Daley
- Sovereignty at stake in TPP
- High Noon in the Nthn Rivers: Metgasco Vs Everybody Else
- Rapid Onset Fascism
- Metgasco vs the people
- When injustice becomes the law
- Activism and social movements, an eternal part of human evolution
- Gloucester Dreaming ~ guest post by Mick Daley
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
Compared to so many campaigns I’ve been involved what amazes me is how mainstream it really is.
Rather than struggling to motivate communities to take an interest, this worm has well and truly turned and I am now struggling to keep up with the demand from formerly conservative and mainstream rural communities to roll out campaign and direct action training across the region. So many people want to be involved and have so much fresh energy and enthusiasm, its important be able to provide resources to enable people, many of whom have never protested before to become the front line in defending their homes and communities.
The CSG–Free Northern Rivers approach represents a ratcheting up of community resistance to CSG activities and hopefully will become a model for other regions to emulate. Locking the gate has been a brilliant and powerful tool for rallying farmers and landowners but by itself is no silver bullet. There remains the risk that miners will buy off individual landholders, and once they gain access will mole their way under all of the neighbouring properties.
There is now a need to move to ‘whole of community resistance’ to CSG to effectively protect our environment and communities. To give a powerful role to everyone, farmers landowners, non landowners, the whole community.
Training aims to facilitate the proliferation of locally based groups, informed and skilled in non-violent direct action resistance to CSG activities. Resource packages are being developed to facilitate communities to declare their own CSG free zones, which means local ‘zero tolerance’ to CSG activity of any kind…. road, by road, valley by valley and hopefully region by region. It’s like a cross between neighbourhood watch and the rural bushfire brigades, only all groups are autonomous.
Tagged with: CSG-Free