- Now more than ever: non-violence and positive change
- Challenging times ahead, we need to build unity in diversity
- Hung parliament: An outbreak of democracy.
- The future of Capitalism, Democracy and Activism in Australia
- Political donations the essence of corruption
- For sale: your right to protest
- NSW addicted to old habits
- Senate voting reform causes a flurry
- Prohibition, it begins and ends with violating our rights
- Roadside drug tests a big fail
- Climate change, think globally respond regionally
- People power not pollies kept us gasfield free
- The perfect storm: Shenhua and the Liverpool Plains – Mick Daley
- Sovereignty at stake in TPP
- High Noon in the Nthn Rivers: Metgasco Vs Everybody Else
- Rapid Onset Fascism
- Metgasco vs the people
- When injustice becomes the law
- Activism and social movements, an eternal part of human evolution
- Gloucester Dreaming ~ guest post by Mick Daley
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
We are not a science based society. We are a religion based society and the religion is free market economics. The believers are irrational fundamentalists who treat scientists as heretics when they reveal the limits of the earth’s capacity to sustain industrial capitalist growth based on fossil fuel.
Our economic system is not rational, it is based on artificial premises that are articles of faith for the believers.
The economic system is dysfunctional ecologically.
Dysfunctional systems trend toward extinction.
It can be turned around, but not whilst we cling to legal, financial and economic systems that contradict the basic ecological governance principles of our planet and the physical universe.
The case for renewable energy vs fossil fuels is a Copernican moment for our society. It is an argument of rational realism vs fundamentalist capitalist fantasy