- Now more than ever: non-violence and positive change
- Challenging times ahead, we need to build unity in diversity
- Hung parliament: An outbreak of democracy.
- The future of Capitalism, Democracy and Activism in Australia
- Political donations the essence of corruption
- For sale: your right to protest
- NSW addicted to old habits
- Senate voting reform causes a flurry
- Prohibition, it begins and ends with violating our rights
- Roadside drug tests a big fail
- Climate change, think globally respond regionally
- People power not pollies kept us gasfield free
- The perfect storm: Shenhua and the Liverpool Plains – Mick Daley
- Sovereignty at stake in TPP
- High Noon in the Nthn Rivers: Metgasco Vs Everybody Else
- Rapid Onset Fascism
- Metgasco vs the people
- When injustice becomes the law
- Activism and social movements, an eternal part of human evolution
- Gloucester Dreaming ~ guest post by Mick Daley
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
Here is a great opportunity to undertake some practical activism training and count it towards a University degree!
The course is called “Public Interest Advocacy”. It is run through Southern Cross University as part of the Byron Bay Summer Law School program. The course is fully HECS eligible for those already doing a degree or you can study it as a stand alone unit if you are not enrolled at a university.
The course runs as a one week face to face intensive with Aidan Rickets this December (8-14) in Byron Bay NSW Australia.
There is a scholarship on offer for one person to study it free of charge.
For more information on how to enrol, and how to apply for the scholarship contact:
Margaret Morrow at the School of Law and Justice
Southern Cross University, (+61) 02 66203115
or go to http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/law/index.php/60
Ahri Tallon, 21, founder of the Northern Rivers Youth Environmental Society and co-coordinator of the Australian Youth Climate Coalition in NSW says:
This course is amazing! As a young person who left University to pursue activism this was a perfect program that combined the academic rigour of University with the practical and relevant knowledge and skills needed to be an effective activist. I am now employed in the campaign to stop coal export expansion in Nth Qld and am so grateful to have had such a great opportunity to prepare me. The deep and well explained content, the balance of learning styles that are catered for and the idyllic setting make this program an essential for any up and coming radical.