- Is Australia really this conservative?
- Individualism, is it just-a consolation prize?
- Three corrupt sectors that distort our economy
- Algorithms for Change – Politics in the Pub
- Now more than ever: non-violence and positive change
- Challenging times ahead, we need to build unity in diversity
- Hung parliament: An outbreak of democracy.
- The future of Capitalism, Democracy and Activism in Australia
- Political donations the essence of corruption
- For sale: your right to protest
- NSW addicted to old habits
- Senate voting reform causes a flurry
- Prohibition, it begins and ends with violating our rights
- Roadside drug tests a big fail
- Climate change, think globally respond regionally
- People power not pollies kept us gasfield free
- The perfect storm: Shenhua and the Liverpool Plains – Mick Daley
- Sovereignty at stake in TPP
- High Noon in the Nthn Rivers: Metgasco Vs Everybody Else
- Rapid Onset Fascism
- Metgasco vs the people
- When injustice becomes the law
- Activism and social movements, an eternal part of human evolution
- Gloucester Dreaming ~ guest post by Mick Daley
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
Continue Reading →
Reboot is for anyone asking big questions about what’s wrong with our society and what we, together, can do about it. The Greens are excited to bring together great speakers and big topics and want you to join in. Help us maintain our grassroots democratic approach to social change and develop our principles of peace, sustainability and social justice.
What an inspiring beacon of local democracy the Bentley blockade has turned out to be.Continue Reading →
Like any conflict there is the immediate issues and then there are the wider ramifications. What appears on the surface to be simply a dispute about a speculative gas explorer gaining access to a drilling site is […]
Continue Reading →
Aidan Ricketts is an experienced social and environmental activist as well as a prominent activism educator, academic and writer. Aidan has written for many academic journals and is author of “The Activists’ Handbook”. He is also a lecturer with the School of Law and Justice at Southern Cross University.
AIDAN RICKETTS: I end up asking the question, you know, someone, presumably in Sydney, was so desperate to secure a conviction in this case that they pulled out all stops, decided to use a previously unheard of charge and proceed through successive prosecution. I mean, I think the big burning political question […]
Continue Reading →
This workshop offers a unique opportunity to hear from activists and lawyers, from Australia, the USA and Ecuador who are using new organising frameworks to successfully protect their natural and human communities.
Lock The Gate is very proud and excited to be launching this stunning short video that is a teaser for the release of their two ground-breaking new films: Undermining Australia and Fractured Country.Continue Reading →
The two documentaries capture in stark terms the […]
More than 28,000 self-proclaimed Destroyers have ‘liked’ Destroy the Joint – a Facebook page that ‘shines a light on sexism and misogyny.’ While social media may provide a platform for participative activism, social commentator Jane Caro, comedian Stella Young, and activist Aidan Ricketts join Sushi Das from The Age to ponder […]
Once Australia grew rich on the sheep’s back, now rocks and minerals carry the economy. It’s no […]
When: Sat July 13th, 2013, 11.30am – 4pm
Where: Stokers Siding Community Hall
With: Aidan Ricketts (author of The Activists Handbook) & Simon Clough (Lismore Shire Councillor)
$10 / $5 concession – Bookings essential.
Book and pay online via bank transfer at Continue Reading →
Lock the Gate and Stop CSG Tara presents…
Stop CSG Tara has been forced to take action against QGC/BG Group after continued mishandling of residents legitimate concerns regarding health and environmental authority breaches. Our actions will include gas field tours […]