- Is Australia really this conservative?
- Individualism, is it just-a consolation prize?
- Three corrupt sectors that distort our economy
- Algorithms for Change – Politics in the Pub
- Now more than ever: non-violence and positive change
- Challenging times ahead, we need to build unity in diversity
- Hung parliament: An outbreak of democracy.
- The future of Capitalism, Democracy and Activism in Australia
- Political donations the essence of corruption
- For sale: your right to protest
- NSW addicted to old habits
- Senate voting reform causes a flurry
- Prohibition, it begins and ends with violating our rights
- Roadside drug tests a big fail
- Climate change, think globally respond regionally
- People power not pollies kept us gasfield free
- The perfect storm: Shenhua and the Liverpool Plains – Mick Daley
- Sovereignty at stake in TPP
- High Noon in the Nthn Rivers: Metgasco Vs Everybody Else
- Rapid Onset Fascism
- Metgasco vs the people
- When injustice becomes the law
- Activism and social movements, an eternal part of human evolution
- Gloucester Dreaming ~ guest post by Mick Daley
- …more commentary
- News & Events
- Bob Brown Is Taking “Shocking” Anti-Protest Laws To The High Court
- Anti protest laws could arrest nannas, seize tractors
- “They blinked first”
- Colin Barnett quick to protest against ‘activism degrees’ – The Australian, 16/10/2014
- ‘Degrees in activism’ put brake on growth – The Australian, 15/10/2014
- Magistrate throws out vexatious police case against CSG protesters
- Outrage over school PR ‘by stealth’- The Northern Star
- CSG clash a certainty
- Communities use new tactics
- Gas group attacks lecturer
- …more media
- Activist Resources
Calling all campaigners and activists!
The office of Greens MLC, David Shoebringe is running a training day for anyone who wants to become more involved in their community as a non-violent active campaigner.
It often comes down to people who are willing to put their bodies on the line for their cause to effect change. This is as true for past campaigns, such as women’s suffrage, as it is for present-day struggles such as coal-seam gas or amateur hunting on public land.
So how do you do that effectively? How do you do it safely? And what about the legals of active protest?
When: Thursday 11 April 2013 9am – 3:30pm
Where: NSW Parliament House Macquarie Street Sydney
Who: Campaigners from Lock the Gate, Rising Tide, Coalition Against Duck Shooting, anti pig-dogging groups
Cost: $12 to cover the cost of lunch